If you have water damage in your home near your carpets than chances are you carpets can grow mold. Sometimes just cleaning your carpets will not take care of the mold.
One of the most important things about water damage is to get it treated right away.
Mold only take about 24- 48 hours to grow and can grow on any surface, including your carpets.
To protect your carpets from mold, you should follow the steps below...
- Stop the water source
- Extract the water to prevent further damage
- Dry it up. Fast!
- Steam clean everything you can - carpets, rugs, flooring, furniture
- Sanitize the affected area
Remember, it's very dangerous to have mold in your home and can cause serious side effects on you and your health.
We'll Make Sure The Mold Is Gone
If you still feel like your cleanup wasn't enough and there is mold hiding somewhere ... contact us at
Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr 856-349-7318
In Honor of Memorial Day, Did you know....
The Civil War ended in the spring 1965 and is known as America's bloodiest battle. In the years following the Civil war, many Americans started having tributes to these countless fallen soldiers, decorating their graves with flowers and reciting prayers. This led to what was known as Decoration day, which later became an official federal holiday in 1971 known as Memorial day.
As Memorial day approaches and families gather together to kick off the summer with grilling or sitting by the fire, It's important to use all safety precautions when dealing with fire.
- Never leave a grill or fire pit unattended.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy.
- Clean of any excess grease.
Here at SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr we are 24 hour emergency service. Our specialty trained crew will work around the clock for any of your restoration needs.
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr would like to wish you and your family a safe and Happy Memorial Day Weekend.
Commercial Restoration in the Camden and Gloucester area
We are here 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the restoration your company or business may need. SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr is servicing the Camden City / Gloucester city areas.
Your home isn't the only thing that could have floods and water damage. With SERVPRO we also do Commercial Building Restoration Services
With our state of the art equipment and highly trained techs we are here to make your business "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO is here to help your business.
24/7 Emergency Water Damage Service
- Flooded Building Cleanup
- Water Removal
- Wet Carpet Drying & Removal
- Commercial Flood Damage Repair
- Building Water Extraction
- Wet Hardwood Floors & Walls
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Removal & Mold Testing
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr
If your business needs specialized cleaning services that your janitors can not handle we do extensive deep cleaning. We have over 100 cleaning products and equipment that can handle any job.
SERVPRO cleaning services include:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceiling, Floors and Walls
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Removal of heavy grease in convection ovens in Commercial kitchens
Our Experience also Includes :
- Total Project Management
- Facilities Cleaning and Restoration
- Flooding and Water Damage Cleanup
- Odor Removal
- Mold Removal
- Biohazard Remediation
- Smoke and Soot Cleanup
- Document and Records Recovery
- Electronics/Equipment Restoration
We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business in no time.
With SERVPRO "no job is too large"!
Condensate pumps on Air Conditioners failing
What is a Condensate Pump for an air conditioning unit?
The condensate pump on an air conditioner is a specific type of pump that pumps water out of your house that the AC removes from the air.
A broken or clogged pump will result in significant water damage.
If the pump is broken, damaged or rusty than the water is not being drained outside. Normally they are reliable and have a long life so this usually occurs in older AC units.
When there is a blockage in the pump it causes water to back up into the drain and overflow. Most common causes for a blockage would be mold, dust, dirt or sludge. There are ways to unclog these pumps using a wet/dry vac. But the most guaranteed way would be to have a professional come out and use a special vacuum to suck the blockage material.
If you have not noticed that your Condensate Pump on you air conditioning unit failed until it is too late than chances are you may already have some water damage.
Need a Professional?
Call your local SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at 856-349-7318.
Some Interesting Facts about Mold
Interesting facts about mold
- Christmas trees can be a source of mold spores.
- Mold can develop very fast but stay hidden for a long time.
- Some mold species are toxic in both a live form and a dead form.
- Mildew is a type of mold that remains on the surface.
- Each year mold destroys more wood than all the fires and termites combined.
- Mold can be used in antibiotics, such as penicillin which is a purified mold.
- There are over 10,000 species of mold but only 5 of them are commonly found indoors.
- Mold requires three things to grow:
- Organic food source. (Includes most building materials such as wood, drywall, insulation, etc.)
- Water source. (e.g. flooding, leaks, condensation, etc.)
- High relative humidity (Above 60% is ripe for mold growth. Keep below 50% to be safe.).
If you think you have a mold problem and would like a professional to come out and test it for you call your local SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr at 856-349-7318 and we will be happy to help you.
Common causes of house fires
Every year, house fires cause around 13,000 injuries and 2,500 deaths.
Here are some common causes of house fires and how to avoid them...
Keep matches and lighters out of reach of children. Kids can cause a fire out of curiosity, to see what would happen if they set fire to an object.
Cooking equipment :
People can tend to become distracted while cooking and if pots and pans overheat this cause a fire very easily.
Flammable liquids :
If you have flammable liquids in the home keep them away from heat sources and check the label before storing. Be careful when pouring these liquids.
Keep portable heaters 3 feet or more away from anything flammable such as furniture, curtains, clothes. If you have a furnace, you should have it inspected yearly.
Smoking in bedrooms :
A cigarette butt can stay lit for a few hours that you are unaware of. If it comes into contact with flammable materials, such as furniture it could cause flames. About 73% of all house fires are caused in the bedroom.
Electrical equipment :
Electrical appliances can start a fire if it is faulty or has a frayed cord. A power point that is overloaded with plugs can cause a fire from an overuse of electricity.
Candles left unattended can cause a room to easily burst into flames. Keep candles away from flammable items. Always blow a candle out before leaving a room.
Light bulbs can heat up causing them to be hot enough to catch fabrics on fire. Keep lights secure so they cant be knocked over. If the are too close to curtains, furniture or carpet they can be hazardous.
Faulty wiring :
Homes with inadequate wiring can cause electrical fires.
Barbeques should always be used away from the home. Keep them clean and always check the gas bottle for any leaks before you use it each time.
If you have any questions about house fires give your local SERVPRO a call at 856-349-7318.
SERVPRO of Mount Ehpraim / Bellmawr
Fire Damage Emergency Tips
Fire and smoke are problems that should only be taken care of by professionals who are well educated in the field. At SERVPRO, our production team will make sure all fire and smoke damage is taken care of so you can get back into your home as soon as possible. Serving Camden City NJ and some surrounding towns.
Fire Damage Restoration Clean Up Tips:
- Open all windows and doors to ventilate and help get the smoke out as much as possible.
- Cover any clean, unaffected pieces of furniture up with plastic to make sure they are not damaged in the clean up process.
- Do not try to clean anything yourself. The soot and smoke that has set into the furniture and carpet can be dangerous.
- Don’t plug in any electronics. Call an electrician to inspect for any electrical damage from the fire.
- Throw out any open of possibly exposed foods that make have been contaminated from the fire.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Mount Ehpraim / Bellmawr today at 856-349-7318
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr Teaching KIds Fire Safety Tips
"According to the National Fire Prevention Association, 49,300 fires are caused each year by playing with fire, most of these by children. It's important to teach fire safety tips to kids to prevent fires from happening and for your children to be able to protect themselves."
1. Don't play with matches or lighters
2. Run extinguished matches under water before discarding
This is so that paper in the trash doesn't accidentally ignite.
3. When leaving a room or your house never leave candles or incense burning and turn off space heaters
4. Don't over-plug
Teach your children not to plug too many devices into a single outlet, extension cord or power strip.
5. Don't play near fireplaces or stoves
6. Keep flammable objects away from the stove
7. Develop and practice an escape plan
Make sure your children know what to do in the event of a fire. Map out a plan and practice it with them so they'll know what to do in an emergency.
8. Get low, get out
Teach them about the dangers of smoke as well as fire, and make sure they know to crawl to safety.
9. Stop, drop, and roll
If you or your clothes catch fire, this is the classic technique to extinguishing yourself.
10. Never hide in closets or under beds
Hiding can cause your child to trap themselves.
11. Leave your belongings
It is important for kids to know to leave everything and get out.
12. Don't use the elevator
Using an elevator is dangerous and could break down trapping you.
13. Once in a safe place, call 911
Get outside THAN call 911.
14. (For parents) Fireproof your home
15. (For parents) Talk to your kids about fire safety
Of all the fire safety tips for kids, the most important one is actually for the parents. Teach your children about fire safety and what they can do to prevent fires. The more they know, the less likely they are to cause an accident
SERVPRO Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr
Servicing Commercial Buildings as well as Residential
Commercial Building Restoration Services
We are available 24 hours a day to get your Camden business back up and running. Our expertise includes restoration services for fire and water damage, including electronics restoration and document drying. We are also your business’s best resource for mold remediation. Learn more about our commercial restoration services
Commercial Building Cleaning Services
Every commercial property experiences wear and tear, including dirt and grime that accumulates from ordinary use. You can count on SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr to make your work space look its very best. Professional cleaning helps to protect your carpet and upholstery and increase its life-span. Learn more about our commercial cleaning services.
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr