4th of July Fire Safety Tips
4th of July can be a fun and exciting time for all people but can also be dangerous when people are using fireworks.
Here are 10 fire safety tips that FEMA recommends:
- Be sure fireworks are legal in your area before using or buying them.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities and never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks. Sparklers alone account for one quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries.
- If you set off fireworks, keep a bucket of water handy in case of malfunction or fire.
- If fireworks malfunction, don’t relight them! Douse and soak them with water then throw them away.
- Never ignite fireworks in a container, especially one that is glass or metal.
- Use your grill well away from your home and deck railings, and out from under branches or overhangs.
- Open your gas grill before lighting.
- Periodically remove grease or fat buildup in trays below your gas or propane grill so it cannot be ignited.
- Declare a three-foot "kid and pet-free zone" around the grill to keep them safe.
- Avoid loose clothing that can catch fire when cooking on the grill.
If a fire does happen to your property SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr will be here to help. We are experts in fire restoration and property restoration. SERVPRO will not stop until your house looks "Like it never even happened."
Call Us Today For A Free Inspection At 856-349-7318
Mold Remediation In Ceiling and Wall Cavities
Microbial growth can occur in an area with a high moisture level and tends to grow on organic materials. Examples of organic materials are drywall and wood. Once a mold spore starts it quickly grows into a mold colony inside your walls without you knowing. To remediate the mold inside wall and ceiling cavities are technicians with use IICRC standards to remediate the microbial growth. The technicians will contain the source area and wear proper PPE. They will then remove all of the affected material while HEPA vacuuming wall studs and ceiling joists. The technicians will also spray a green product that is anti-microbial. After the remediation process is over techs will leave equipment for a couple of days to filter the area and dry out the exposed framing. In certain cases, techs may have to encapsulate the exposed framing with antimicrobial paint. SERVPRO will make sure that the customer is going to be taken care of and with answer all questions and concerns.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (856) 349-7318
SERVPRO is Ready For Storm
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr is ready for any size disaster.
Whether it is a micro storm, hurricane, or wildfires SERVPRO is here to help with all of your storm needs. SERVPRO is a leader in the restoration industry and has a vast knowledge of property restoration. Since SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr is a franchise this means we can handle any size. With a network of 1,700 franchises all willing to combine resources to get the job done. Property managers and owners can rest at ease knowing that SERVPRO will stay until the job is done.
SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team
The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster. Get the professionals, call SERVPRO.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr Today (856) 349-7318
Mold Growth on Carpets
If you have had water damage in your home near your carpets than chances are your carpets can have mold grow on them. Sometimes just cleaning your carpets will not take care of the mold growth.
One of the most important things about water damage is to get it treated right away.
Mold only take about 24- 48 hours to grow and can grow on any porous surface, including your carpets.
To protect your carpets from mold, you should follow the steps below...
- Stop the water source
- Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr to preform restoration services
- SERVPRO will dry the affected area
- Sanitize the affected area
- And perform remediation services if needed
Remember, it's very dangerous to have mold in your home and can cause serious side effects on you and your health.
Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at 856-349-7318
Business Interruption For Fire
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr are experts in the damage restoration industry. We understand the damage a fire can cause to business property. A fire can also affect production by slowing it down or stopping it altogether. Make sure your business has, business interruption insurance. If a disaster occurs and your business has to shut down the lost revenue can be devastating to small businesses. Business interruption insurance compensates you for lost income if your business has to vacate the premises due to disaster-related damage that is covered under your property insurance policy.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your business with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 856-349-7318
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr today at 856-349-7318 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
Water Damage Timeline
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Commercial Services SERVPRO Can Do For You
We are here 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the restoration your company or business may need. SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr is servicing the Camden City / Gloucester city areas.
Your home isn't the only thing that could have floods and water damage. With SERVPRO we also do Commercial Building Restoration Services.
With our state of the art equipment and highly trained technicians we are here to make your business "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO is here to help your business.
24/7 Emergency Water Damage Service
- Flooded Building Cleanup
- Water Removal
- Wet Carpet Drying & Removal
- Commercial Flood Damage Repair
- Building Water Extraction
- Wet Hardwood Floors & Walls
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Removal & Mold Testing
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr Call us at 856-349-7318
Condensate pumps on Air Conditioners failing
What is a Condensate Pump for an air conditioning unit?
The condensate pump on an air conditioner is a specific type of pump that pumps water out of your house that the AC removes from the air.
A broken or clogged pump will result in significant water damage.
If the pump is broken, damaged or rusty than the water is not being drained outside. Normally they are reliable and have a long life so this usually occurs in older AC units.
When there is a blockage in the pump it causes water to back up into the drain and overflow. Most common causes for a blockage would be mold, dust, dirt or sludge. There are ways to unclog these pumps using a wet/dry vac. But the most guaranteed way would be to have a professional come out and use a special vacuum to suck the blockage material.
If you have not noticed that your Condensate Pump on you air conditioning unit failed until it is too late than chances are you may already have some water damage.
Need a Professional?
Call your local SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at 856-349-7318.
Fire Damage Tips To Keep Your Family Safe
Every year, house fires cause around 13,000 injuries and 2,500 deaths.
Here are some common causes of house fires and how to avoid them...
Keep matches and lighters out of reach of children. Kids can cause a fire out of curiosity, to see what would happen if they set fire to an object.
Cooking equipment :
People can tend to become distracted while cooking and if pots and pans overheat this causes a fire very easily.
Flammable liquids :
If you have flammable liquids in the home keep them away from heat sources and check the label before storing. Be careful when pouring these liquids.
Keep portable heaters 3 feet or more away from anything flammable such as furniture, curtains, clothes. If you have a furnace, you should have it inspected yearly.
Smoking in bedrooms :
A cigarette butt can stay lit for a few hours that you are unaware of. If it comes into contact with flammable materials, such as furniture it could cause flames. About 73% of all house fires are caused in the bedroom.
Electrical equipment :
Electrical appliances can start a fire if it is faulty or has a frayed cord. A powerpoint that is overloaded with plugs can cause a fire from overuse of electricity.
Candles left unattended can cause a room to easily burst into flames. Keep candles away from flammable items. Always blow a candle out before leaving a room.
Light bulbs can heat up causing them to be hot enough to catch fabrics on fire. Keep lights secure so they can not be knocked over. If the are too close to curtains, furniture or carpet they can be hazardous.
Faulty wiring :
Homes with inadequate wiring can cause electrical fires.
Barbecues should always be used away from the home. Keep them clean and always check the gas bottle for any leaks before you use it each time.
If you have any questions about house fires give SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr a call at 856-349-7318.