Winter Storm Season in New Jersey
As summer has just ended and the fall weather is just hitting us, now is the best time to get prepared for the winter storm season.
Here are some tips on how to be prepared for the winter weather:
- Trim any tree branches that may be close to your house. As snow accumulates on branches it can affect the integrity of the branch and cause it to break off from the tree.
- Make sure that you have working flashlights and have enough batteries to last in case power goes out. Think about investing in a portable charger for cell phones.
- Items to put in your car:
- Extra hats, gloves, and jackets.
- Ice scraper and a snow shovel.
- You can put kitty litter in your trunk to help put extra weight under your back tires. You can also use it to help you get a grip when stuck in the snow.
- Stock up on canned food.
These are just a couple of tips to keep you safe during the winter months. If you have water damage or storm damage please call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr who are leaders in the restoration industry. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle any size disaster. We have national accounts with all of the major insurance carriers and know how to get your house back "Like it never even happened."
Call Us 24/7 at 856-349-7318
Why To Choose SERVPRO
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage. SERVPRO also remediates mold and mildew from your home or business.
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr is equipped to handle any disaster you may be facing. If you have any questions or would like someone from our team to come out and give you an estimate on your damage then call us today at 856-349-7318
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility. Rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. No damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr.
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr now offers reconstruction services. We understand how difficult it can be after our restoration services to get your home back to normal. That is why we can help walk you through the insurance process. It also makes it easier for you as we are your only point of conduct and can help order material in your budget.
What SERVPRO Can Do For Your Business
We are here 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the restoration your company or business may need. SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr is servicing the Camden City / Gloucester city areas.
Your home isn't the only thing that could have flood, fire, and water damage. With SERVPRO we also do Commercial Building Restoration Services.
With our industry-leading equipment and highly trained technicians we are here to make your business "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO is here to help your business.
24/7 Emergency Water Damage Service
- Flooded Building Cleanup
- Water Removal
- Wet Carpet Drying & Removal
- Commercial Flood Damage Repair
- Building Water Extraction
- Wet Hardwood Floors & Walls
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Removal & Mold Testing
- Bio-hazard Cleanup
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr Call us at 856-349-7318
Fire Safety For Seniors
According to statistics, people over the age of 65 are twice as likely to die or be injured in a fire. By age 75 that risk increases to three times, and by age 85, four times. People of all ages should practice and learn about fire safety. Knowing what to do will help save lives.
A working smoke detector can more than double your chances of surviving a fire.
- Be sure to have a smoke detector on every level of your home and in all sleeping areas
- Make sure everyone in your home can be awakened by the sound of the smoke detector. If someone is hearing impaired, invest in a smoke detector that uses flashing lights or some other visual aid.
- Test your smoke detectors once a month. If this is difficult for you, ask a neighbor or family member to assist you.
- Change your smoke detector batteries twice a year. A good rule of thumb to follow: change your clocks; change your smoke detector batteries.
FIRE ESCAPE PLANNING
Update your fire escape plan, especially if it’s the same one you have used for years.
- Sit down with all household members and discuss your fire escape plan.
- Plan at least two ways to get out of every room of your home, especially the bedrooms.
- Consider any limitations you may have that would keep you from implementing your plan.
- If any family member needs assistance, remember to plan accordingly.
- Make sure that your exits are wheelchair or walker accessible, if necessary.
- Put your plan to the test and practice it.
TIPS FOR SMOKERS
Careless smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths among Americans 65 years and older.
- Never smoke in bed
- Do not smoke if you are feeling drowsy, if you are drinking, or if you are taking medication that may make you drowsy
- Use large deep ashtrays and never leave smoking materials unattended
- Empty your ashtrays frequently, but never empty hot ashes in the garbage. Wet the contents of the ashtray and then dispose of them.
ELECTRICAL AND HEATING SAFETY
Always install and maintain heating and electrical equipment properly.
- Do not store newspapers, rags, or other combustible materials near a furnace, heater, or water heater.
- Do not run extension cords under furniture or rugs.
- Do not overload electrical outlets
- Be extremely cautious when using kerosene heaters. Never use any other fuel in kerosene heaters other than kerosene, and never refill when hot.
- If you are having an electrical or heating problem, call a trained professional to have the problem fixed properly.
- Keep at least three feet between space heaters and things like curtains, furniture, etc.
NEED HELP? CALL TODAY (856) 349-7318.
Why you should choose SERVPRO
Selecting a company to restore your property after a fire or water damage can be challenging. There are many businesses who claim to be experts in the field of restoration. What sets us apart at SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr is our commitment to continuous training and the most up to date equipment and techniques in the industry.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets the standards for cleaning after specific forms of loss such as fire, smoke, mold and water damage. Our technicians are IICRC certified and trained in the most cutting edge techniques using equipment such as infrared cameras, hygrometers, and moisture detectors to find water behind walls, ceilings and in other areas where it may not be evident on an initial inspection. We utilize industrial air movers and dehumidification systems to dry structures quickly and help prevent further damage. We specialize in odor removal using fogging agents, air scrubbers and deodorization products.
Our technicians receive thorough and continuous training to stay up to date on these products and techniques. Restoration is an ever evolving field and we want our customers to feel confident that we can return their property to its pre loss condition quickly and safely.
If you have experienced fire, smoke, water, or mold damage, call the experts at SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at (856) 349-7318.
How to Prepare for a Power Outage
At any time your residency can experience widespread power outages due to wind and storm effects. Do you have a plan for a power outage at your home? Getting prepared now, before one happens, will make any future outage more manageable and ultimately safer. Beyond the annoyance of not being able to check Facebook or take a hot shower, a power outage can present safety issues. Food can go bad, certain medical facilities or devices may not be in operation, and water can become tainted. Use these helpful tips to prepare yourself:
- Create a list of every vital power-using item in your home. Things like your refrigerator should be on this list, where something like video games should not. Stock batteries for items that can use them.
- If you are on a medication that needs to be refrigerated, make sure that it maintains the proper temperature after the power goes out.
- Do your best to keep any refrigerators/freezers closed until power is restored. Stock non-perishable food and water to consume in the meantime. Check food temperatures to make sure no food has spoiled.
- If you have access to a generator, remember to operate it a safe distance from your home to avoid inhaling fumes.
For more information on Storm Damage click here
Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at (856) 349-7318 in the event that you suffer any damage to your home or business as a result of a weather event. We provide around-the-clock response for emergency storm damage remediation.
Managing a Commercial Loss
Managing a crisis, for example, a fire or flood at work can be a lot to handle. Even small damages can require some serious energy, cash and time to fix. If the damage to your business becomes serious enough, you need to bring in a qualified remediation company to assess and fix the damage. A call to SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr should be your first call.
What You Can Do
First and foremost, if the situation poses a health or safety risk, make sure that everyone is safe. Then you can call a remediation company to come out. While you wait for their arrival, you can do a couple productive things. First, shut off the electricity. This will prevent further damage and minimize safety risk factors. Second, call your insurance company to file a claim. They will provide you with a claim number, and other information about the process.
The SERVPRO Edge
On top of being available around the clock, the technicians that come to your business are highly skilled, trained and ICCRC certified in the latest damage remediation techniques. We use advanced tools and methods to ensure that your property is returned to pre loss condition as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We’re Here To Help, for more info about us click here
When a fire, flood or other damage happens at your New Jersey business, time is not on your side. For example, if you have water damage, mold can begin to grow quickly, and the drywall will become increasingly compromised as time passes. SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr is available 24/7 to respond to your commercial building to provide assistance. At (856) 349-7318 SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr will answer your call and provide assistance immediately.
How to Prevent Electrical Fires
Most electrical fires are caused by faulty cords, plugs and appliances so knowing safety and fire prevention are keys in avoiding fire damage to your home or business. The following are steps that homeowners and commercial property managers can take to avoid costly fire and soot damage.
Electrical Cord Safety:
- Inspect all cords for frayed or damaged casings
- Never damage or break off the third prong in a plug
- Never break off a third prong plug and plug into a two prong outlet
- Replace all 2 prong outlets with 3 prong outlets
- Do not pull out cords from the cord always pull out plugs from the plug.
- Use surge protectors sparingly as it is possible to overload a circuit if too many plugs are pluged into one outlet.
- Extension cords are to be used as temporary cords.
- Use the correct gage when using an extension cord
- Try to keep cords from running underneath a carpet or rug
- Keep cords away from water and heat sources
Follow manufacturers instructions
- Disconnect small appliances when not in use
- Disconnect appliances when you are going to clean them
- Unplug small appliances if you are going to leave town for an extended period
- Check phone chargers for overheating
For all your fire needs contact SERVPRO Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at (856) 349-7318
Precautionary Measures You Can Take to Prevent Fires
Fire damage may result in ways you least expect. Take precautionary measures to protect your home from certain factors that contribute to fires.
Cooking equipment: Cooking equipment is the number one cause of house fires. Pots and pans can quickly overheat when left unattended. Be sure to watch children when the stove is on and pots are near. When leaving the house, always remember to turn off the stove and oven.
Smoking in Bedrooms: Avoid smoking in bedrooms. A cigarette butt can stay lit for hours after use and cause a flame after coming into contact with clothes or furniture.
Old electrical equipment: Older lampshades and light fittings may build up heat, and weak bases could pose a tripping hazard. Electrical equipment such as these should be checked for faulty cords, and check if their plug has ground from a 3 prong cord.
Flammable liquids: Liquids such as petrol, kerosene, or methylated spirits should be kept away from heat sources and stored properly according to their label.
For all your fire and smoke, needs contact SERVPRO Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr at (856) 349- 73
Have you heard of SERVPRO's Service Response Guidelines?
Within just 1 hour of loss notification, one of our SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr professionals will contact you to arrange for service.
Within 4 hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr professionals will be on-site to start mitigation services.
Within 8 hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to you and your insurance representative, if applicable, by your local SERVPRO of Mount Ephriam / Bellmawr professionals.
What services does SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr provide?
- Fire smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
Being timely is important when disaster strikes and it is our priority to be there when you need us!!
Why SERVPRO? Why not!
Call your friends at SERVPRO Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr (856) 349-7318 for professional help when disaster strikes.