Recent General Posts

Top Ten Summer Grilling Safety Tips

7/1/2016 (Permalink)

General Top Ten Summer Grilling Safety Tips Grilling Safety Tips

Now that the summer grilling season is upon us, it is time to remind ourselves of some good old grill safety.  According to the US Fire Administration there are more than 5700 grill fires every year.  Grill fires are responsible for more than $37 million in damages, 100 injuries, and 10 deaths annually.  Each year thousands of people show up in emergency rooms across the country after burning themselves while grilling.  The majority of grill fires are caused by malfunctioning gas grills.  

The following list is a compilation of the 10 best grilling safety tips according to abcnews.com.

TOP TEN SUMMER GRILLING TIPS

DO:

  1. Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house.  The further away the better, this way flames do not have an opportunity to ignite your home.
  2. Clean your grill regularly.  Buildup of food and grease on the grill can give flames more fuel and adding to the possibility of a grill fire.
  3. Keep decorations away from your grill.  If it's flamable it should be kept clear of the grill.
  4. Check for gas leaks.  The majority of gas grill fires a due to malfunctioning grills.  Before you start grilling always check for leaks or faulty equipment.
  5. Keep a spray bottle of water handy.  This can be used to keep flames in check so that they don't get too high.
  6. Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill.... And know how to use it!  You do not want to be in a situation where the flames are out of control and you can't figure out how to use the extinguisher.

DON'T:

  1. Turn on the gas grill while your grill lid is closed.  This can cause a buildup of gas under the lid.  When ignited it can cause a fire ball explosion.
  2. Leave grill unattended.  Always prep your food before starting to grill so that you can pay attention and monitor the flames.
  3. Overload your grill with food.  Fatty foods can drip down onto the flames and create more fuel for the fire.  When overloading the grill it can potentially lead to a grease fire.
  4. Use grill indoors.  Not only is it a fire hazard to use a grill indoors, but it also is a potentially deadly health risk.  Grills emit carbon monoxide that needs fresh air to dissipate, cooking on a grill indoors can lead to carbon monoxide poinsoning which can kill you, your loved ones and your pets.

SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr hopes that you find these tips helpful so you and your family can enjoy a happy and safe summer!  

If you should find yourself a victim of a fire we are HERE TO HELP.  Call (856) 349-7318.

SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr Team Members

6/23/2016 (Permalink)

General SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr Team Members Our SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr Family

(From Left to Right) Owners Keith and Michelle Jackson, and crew members Anthony and Marty.  Both Anthony and Marty have been with SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr for the past few years and have worked in the restoration industry for over 10 years.  SERVPRO team members are highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.  Our training program includes the following:  IICRC Training, Employee Certification Training, Initial Franchise Training, e-Learnings, and Continuing Education Classes. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses. Not pictured here are crew members Frank, Ben, Tony and our Marketing Representative Karyn.