The water damage timeline
Within minutes of the water damage:
- The water can start to spread throughout your home, and damage anything that is in its path.
- The water can cause personal belongings to swell and warp such as books and photographs.
1-24 hours after the water damage occurred:
- The drywall can begin to break down and/or swell.
- Furniture begins to swell.
- An odor can start to occur in your home.
1 week after the water damage has occurred:
- Biohazard contamination can start to occur.
- Mold and mildew to can start to grow and spread.
- Wood flooring begin to swell and warp. Metal start to rust and corrode.
More than a week after the damage occurred:
- biohazard contaminants can be a serious risk to the homeowners.
- The mold growth can become more severe.
For all your emergency needs contact SERVPRO Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr at (856) 349-7318