Precautionary Measures You Can Take to Prevent Fires
Fire damage may result in ways you least expect. Take precautionary measures to protect your home from certain factors that contribute to fires.
Cooking equipment: Cooking equipment is the number one cause of house fires. Pots and pans can quickly overheat when left unattended. Be sure to watch children when the stove is on and pots are near. When leaving the house, always remember to turn off the stove and oven.
Smoking in Bedrooms: Avoid smoking in bedrooms. A cigarette butt can stay lit for hours after use and cause a flame after coming into contact with clothes or furniture.
Old electrical equipment: Older lampshades and light fittings may build up heat, and weak bases could pose a tripping hazard. Electrical equipment such as these should be checked for faulty cords, and check if their plug has ground from a 3 prong cord.
Flammable liquids: Liquids such as petrol, kerosene, or methylated spirits should be kept away from heat sources and stored properly according to their label.
For all your fire and smoke, needs contact SERVPRO Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr at (856) 349- 73