Snow Damage Can Cause Extensive Damage To Your Home
Snow fall is not uncommon in New Jersey during the winter months. Snow can cause significant water damage to your home. Here are a list of some of the ways snow can cause water damage
- Weakens the Foundation
- Damages Roofs
- Damages Floors
- Damages Walls
- Damages Furniture
- Damages Appliances and Electronics
- Damages Items Sitting on the Floor
- Can Cause Electrical Hazards
- Promotes Mold and Mildew Growth
You can follow these tips to help prevent water damage to your home during snow
- Remove snow from around the foundation and away from the home.
- Remove any snow away from the home that has fallen off the roof.
- Remove snow from around downspouts so melting snow on the roof can drain away from the home.
- Place sandbags around the foundation.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clear of leaves, branches, and debris.
- Get your basement and foundation walls waterproofed.
- Increase the grade of landscaping around the home.