Some Interesting Facts about Mold
Interesting facts about mold
- Christmas trees can be a source of mold spores.
- Mold can develop very fast but stay hidden for a long time.
- Some mold species are toxic in both a live form and a dead form.
- Mildew is a type of mold that remains on the surface.
- Each year mold destroys more wood than all the fires and termites combined.
- Mold can be used in antibiotics, such as penicillin which is a purified mold.
- There are over 10,000 species of mold but only 5 of them are commonly found indoors.
- Mold requires three things to grow:
- Organic food source. (Includes most building materials such as wood, drywall, insulation, etc.)
- Water source. (e.g. flooding, leaks, condensation, etc.)
- High relative humidity (Above 60% is ripe for mold growth. Keep below 50% to be safe.).
If you think you have a mold problem and would like a professional to come out and test it for you call your local SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr at 856-349-7318 and we will be happy to help you.