Basement Flooding and Sewer Backups in Camden County, NJ
Basement floodings are considered an emergency that is why SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr is open 24/7. With their highly trained staff in water damage restoration including basement and crawlspace flooding. They have the experience, expertise, and equipment to remove the water and dry your basement properly. Their water removal and drying process emphasizes monitoring and documentation to validate that your property is dry.
Sewer backups can occur after a flooding are considered an emergency since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses. SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr have specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
What To Do After Basement Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
What NOT To Do After Basement Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.