Does Your Gloucester County Business Have An Emergency Plan
Fire and water damages are never scheduled
From a burst pipe in an office building to faulty wiring in an apartment complex, fire and water losses are never planned, but they do occur. SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr knows there is no such thing as a small emergency when it threatens the welfare of the tenants and the revenue of the property owner. Have you developed a plan to get back up and running in case of an emergency? Is the emphasis on the first 24-48 hours to get you back in the building faster?
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr can provide you with the means to develop an Emergency Ready Profile. As part of a well thought-out plan, your Emergency Ready Profile will contain information that you need in the event an emergency situation occurs.
SERVPRO HAS THE EXPERTISE YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Over 40 years of business in the cleanup and restoration industry
- Detailed communication throughout the cleaning and restoration process to help keep you informed and in control
- Experience and training in mitigating damages ranging from single family homes to skyscrapers
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- Fast response time to minimize damages and inconvenience to tenants
- Restore First mentality minimizes cost while letting you get back to work quickly
- Professional equipment and industry approved techniques can save you time and money
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr can manage the damage while you focus on your business. Call today to schedule your Emergency Ready Profile! (856) 349-7318.
Mold From Broken Pipes In Your Camden County Home
With the cold season in full affect right now there is never a better time than now to make sure your pipes are protected from the elements. It is important to check pipes at least one time a day. To check your pipes just look at the pipes and make sure they are not leaking or your basement didn't flood while you were gone.
If your pipes have been damaged or are leaking make sure to call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr who are trained in water and mold remediation. Mold grow usually occurs after a water damage and the growth can occur and spread throughout a house in 48-72 hours after a water emergency.
What You Should Do If You See Mold
Stay out of affected areas.
Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr for all of your mold remediation at (856) 349-7318
How Sump Pumps Fail
A sump pump is a pump used to drain excess water that has built up in a water collecting sump basin, usually located in the basement of homes. Sump pumps are used in areas where basement flooding happens regularly and to solve dampness problems where there is a high water table. These pumps direct water away from the house, to where it no longer poses a flood risk to the home.
Sump pumps can fail for a variety of reasons. Below is a list of the most common reasons your sump pump can fail.
· POWER FAILURE- sump pumps run off electricity. If your power goes out during heavy rains and storms the sump pump will not be able to operate and your basement could possibly flood. Having a backup generator can be helpful in saving you a headache later.
· NOT THE RIGHT SIZE- you would think it wouldn’t matter if the pump was too big or too small…BUT you would be wrong. If the pump is too big in can cause it to work too hard and will lessen the life of your pump. If the pump is too small, it can be ineffective at removing all the water and will work harder to keep up which can also lessen the life of your pump. Make sure your sump pump is adequate for the area and the circumstances.
· FAULTY INSTALLATION- sump pumps need to be installed exactly right. If they are done improperly it can lead to problems down the line… and possibly a wet basement. Make sure to follow the manufactures instructions correctly to ensure a proper installation.
· FROZEN OR CLOGGED DISCHARGE LINES- although you can’t stop the line from freezing you can help prevent problems when it does. Adding a special grated drain closer to your house to allow for water to get out if there is a blockage further down the line.
· LACK OF MAINTENANCE- maintenance is the KEY!!! Remember this. It is recommended by professionals to check your sump pump quarterly. Use a vinegar solution to clean the pump and remove any dirt and debris. Check the float switch to make sure it is not blocked and is operational and clean all vents and air holes. Regular maintenance will help maintain your sump pump and address any issues before they become major problems.
· PRODUCT DEFECT- although rare, defective sump pumps can happen. Make sure to test your sump pump after installation to make sure it runs smoothly and correctly.
Sump pumps are a great tool in helping to keep your basement dry. BUT if you find yourself in a wet and soggy basement due to a failed sump pump… Call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr and we will make it all go away!
DO YOU HAVE WET CARPETS? WET BASEMENT? QUESTIONS? CALL US TODAY (856) 349-7318
Where There Is Smoke There Is Fire In Your Gloucester County Home
“Where there is smoke there is fire” a phrase we have all heard as a warning usually in the context of if it looks like something is wrong, something probably is wrong. In the restoration business when it comes to your home or business that phrase can take on another meaning entirely with significant consequences.
SERVPRO of Mt. Ephraim Bellmawr recently completed an assignment for a family that was impacted by the smoke / soot that was generated from a fire in an attached home in Philadelphia. The fire started in the basement of the other home due to a faulty wiring set up / repair that was completed by an unlicensed individual. This fire impacted all three floors of the home and due to the age and construction of home the smoke and soot traveled to areas that one might not think to look without proper training and experience in restoration.
While we were able to dry the home out from the moisture damage caused by extinguishing the fire as well as clean and deodorize the contents and structure of the home, the impact to this family went beyond material items as someone was injured in the blaze. Should you experience a disruption in your life due to fire smoke soot whether from a small kitchen fire to an incidental puff back when starting up your heater, we can work with you and your insurance company on the entire process from inventorying items cleaning deodorizing and restoring your property to minimize that disruption.
SERVPRO of Mt. Ephraim Bellmawr has worked with American Red Cross to become an American Red Cross Ready Rating member. Membership does have its privileges in the form of education tips and tools that can assist you your family and business to be better prepared in case of an emergency or disaster. You can access the site by clicking the link from our website at http://www.SERVPROmountephraimbellmawr.com or directly at http://www.readyrating.org/About/AbouttheProgram.aspx to discover what is available.
Please be safe and have a plan accordingly, while home fires can happen at any time statistically we are entering a time of year that shows a significant increase in averages. The change of weather, addition of holiday lighting or even new cooking techniques can all be factors.
For more information on Fire, Smoke, or soot damage call us 24/7 at (856)-349-7318
Flooding in your Gloucester County Home
If you have ever dealt with flood damage, or have needed water removed from your basement, then you know the mess that water damage can leave in your home and the damage it can cause. What you do during the first 48 hours after a flood or water damage is critical to minimizing the damage. Listed below are some great tips to help your home before the water restoration experts at SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr.
What you can do until help arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/Bellmawr provides 24-Hour Emergency Service in any weather conditions!
Do you need basement flooding repair? Water Extraction and Water Removal from your home or business? SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr provides flood damage cleanup and water damage repair. Call Us Today at (856) 349-7318.
Broken Pipes in Cold basements in your Camden County Home
With the past couple of weeks being in the twentys make sure to check your pipes so they don't burst. Check all of your pipes in your basement when you get home from work or periodically throughout the week. Water pipes commonly burst when the water inside them expands is it gets close to freezing, and this causes an increase in pressure inside the pipe. When the pressure gets too high for the pipe to contain, it ruptures. In order to help protect your pipes you can insulate them. If this happens to your home there is nothing to fear because SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr is here to help you through this rough time.
About SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (856) 349-7318
Vandalism and Other Cleaning Services in Camden, NJ
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim / Bellmawr understands the difficulties when your home or business is vandalised and will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. SERVPRO can also clean mold and other airborne pathogens in your home. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
For more information on SERVPRO or there cleaning services contact us 24/7 at 856-349-7318
Kitchen Fires in your Gloucester Home
Not all fires are created equal, therefore not all fires can be extinguished in the same way. Educating yourself on the proper ways to put out a small fire can not only minimize damages to your property, but it can also help keep you safe. That is why the fire experts at SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr can handle any fire from kitchen fires to commercial fires SERVPRO has you covered. Here are some tips for the most common type of fire:
How To Put Out Kitchen Fires
- In the event of an oven or microwave fire, cut the oxygen off to the flames. Turn off the appliance and close the door. Keep a close watch and the flames should diminish. Use a fire extinguisher if the flames do not die down.
- For a cooking fire on a skillet or pot, place a lid over the flames. loss of oxygen to fuel the flames should kill the fire rather quickly.
- Use baking soda or salt for grease fires. They will help absorb and smother the flames. NEVER use water or flour on a grease fire. Flour can potentially ignite and add fuel to the flames. Water and oil do not mix and the water can cause the grease to spray elsewhere, throwing flaming oil on nearby surfaces.
- ALWAYS call the fire department when dealing with an electrical fire.
For more information on Fire, Smoke, or soot damage call us 24/7 at (856)-349-7318
Winter Storms In Your Camden, NJ Home
SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim Bellmawr is always ready for storms and specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and are experts in storm damage restoration. SERVPRO uses specialized equipment to restore your property to its preloss condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. Also, since SERVPRO is open 24/7 they are always ready to help.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Mount Ephraim and the surrounding area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (856) 349-7318
Strom Damage From Trees In Your Camden County Home
Sometimes life throws a curveball or in this case a fast moving storm. A storm can cause large trees and tree branches to fall through the roof and puncture large holes. With a large hole in any roof during a downpour water intrusion is inevitable. That is why you should call SERVPRO of Mount Ephraim/ Bellmawr the water damage experts at (856) 349-7318. SERVPRO are experts in storm damage and water restoration so they know what it takes to get your home back to pre loss conditions and make “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO is also an expert in mold remediation that may came with water damage. SERVPRO is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and SERVPRO also works holidays.